Love Yourself Unconditionally

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. I wasn't going to post today because I've been a little under the weather but I came across this poem that I had to share.

I'm In Love

Suddenly the world is a nicer place,
I’m wearing my best smile on my face,
There’s beauty in everything I see,
I hear birds and their sweet melody,
My days are bright and my skies are blue,
Just because I’m in love with you.
Duane Francis

This poem speaks to the joys of that first love ,you know the jump and click your heels type of love.
hearts
Duane Francis is a very talented poet and writer. I came across his blog Expressing The Language Of Love while searching the blog network Blogcatalog.

I love this poem for the fact that you can read as an expression of love for someone else. I really really love this poem because I read it as a reminder to love myself.

Before you can love anybody else you have to love yourself. A lot of times, people get into relationships to fulfill something that they see as lacking in their own life. We often hear people say that they can't live with out their partner. They say, "I would just die if my girlfriend wasn't in my life." I would caution this type of thinking because you're basing your whole idea of love as being something outside of you.

Love comes from within. Once you begin to love yourself, "suddenly the world will become a nicer place." Once love permeates from your being, you can't help but "to wear your best smile." "Beauty will be in everything you see" because your outward world is a reflection of what is going on inside of you. Love within yourself equals love manifested in your physical world.

Begin to love yourself unconditionally. You'll start to hear the "sweet melodies of the birds" again. The "sky will seem bluer and brighter." This change will take place "all because you love yourself."

Many blessings, and thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am honored. Truly Honored that you used this poem. Your words on love after are extremely potent . You have a very inspirational blog my friend. Thank you once again.

Dexter Francois said...

It is my pleasure. Keep writing. The inspiration comes from those who are willing to share their true feelings. I felt true love in your poem. I had to share it with others. Many blessings!