A Little Help From Our Friends

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Yesterday I was visiting my friends Myspace profiles as I do from time to time. Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist is on my friends list. He is one of my favorite authors and I visit his blog regularly.

Currently he has "A Little Help From Our Friends" performed by Joe Crocker as his profile song. I know it as the theme song to the early 90's television show The Wonder Years. Some of you may recognize his famous Woodstock performance. I've always liked this song and the message behind it is powerful.

Emma hugging Maki
GIVE SOMEONE A HUG TODAY!!!

I'm thankful for the friends that I have and for the ones I make on a daily basis. I think it is so much better to make friends than enemies. One of my favorite quotes is..."Every time you make a friend, you destroy an enemy."To me it is easier and less stressful to manage friends than enemies.

Your friends are the people you can count on when you need help. They are there to remind you how to laugh. When you need a shoulder to cry on. True friends understand when to talk and when to be silent and just listen. A true friend doesn't criticize you or your actions. They accept you for who you are and love you in spite of it.

Be the type of friend that you want to have. Surround yourself with positive and happy people. Life is not always perfect, but if you associate with positive people, getting through those tough times will be a little easier.

The following is the Woodstock performance by Joe Crocker. He's a little quirky. Kind of all over the place, but simply listen to words of the song. All we need is a little help from our friends. If each of us determine in our hearts to be that helpful friend, the world will be a much better place. So as you go through your day tell your friends that you love them and are thankful for them. You will see that your day will be much brighter and exciting.

Enjoy the video. I'm here to help you anyway you can. Have a great day and thanks for listening. Many blessings!

No comments: