Happy Mother's Day

Mother's Day
More Free Graphics and Myspace Layouts at pYzam.com



Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful Mother's out there. I just got off the phone with my Mom. She and my Dad were just coming home from a Mother's Day brunch.

I am very thankful for the Mom that I have. She has always been very supportive. Not a day goes by that I don't think of something that she has instilled in me. A few posts ago I wrote about character. This post was inspired by the wisdom that she imparted on me.



She always reminded me that my name precedes me. That is to say that judgments are made based on what others say about you. You may not have an opportunity to make a good first impression, so make sure your reputation is a good one.

She also pressed upon me to be a leader and not a follower. It can be okay to follow, but make sure that you are learning at all times so that when the time comes you will be an effective leader. She did not want me to be led blindly. I was encouraged to grow in every situation.

It's funny. When I go home to visit I feel like I'm twelve years old again. Not that I feel like a little kid, but that I feel so comfortable in her presence. I'm allowed to be myself. I know that while I'm with her I don't have to make a good impression. I know that she will love me for me.

I know there are some parent-child relationships that aren't healthy. That is always a tough situation to be in. Sometimes our parents can be our worst critics. They have your best intentions in mind but they sometimes come across as being too overbearing. Every situation is different but try to understand that they usually have your best intentions in mind.

To my Mom, I say, I love you. To all the Mother's out there, I love you too. Be sure to contact the person or persons that you call Mom. Just call to say hello. A heart-felt "hi" is all it takes to raise ones vibrations. Enjoy the following quotes about the virtues of a Mother and share them with the ones you love. Have a great day and thanks for listening.

The sweetest sounds to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
~Rajneesh

If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.
~Attributed to Claudia Ghandi

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
~Tenneva Jordan

If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam.
~Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
~Marion C. Garretty

The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.
~Mildred B. Vermont

Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children
~Brandon Lee

The Miracle of Life nurtured by a woman who gave us love and sacrifice...MOTHER
~Joel Barquez

A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary."
~Dorothy Canfield Fisher

3 comments:

liz said...

Dex what a beautiful picture of you and 'Mom'. Your post today was perfect!

Dexter Francois said...

Thanks for checking in on me Liz. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day as well. Yup...that's my Mommy and I love her. Thank you for being an inspiration in my life as well. You too have taught me some very valuable lessons whether you know it or not. It is a pleasure to call you friend. Many blessings!

tianxinyiliu said...

it's not easy for me to open your blog(because my local internet limit it,can you understand me),but i finally opened and viewed it,your blog is great,you know ,beyond my expression!you are a great and good man,bless you and your mother.