Be Prepared For What The Universe Has For You

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. I'm completely moved into my new apartment and I love it. It is everything that I had been wanting for the past couple of months. I loved my old apartment but it was starting to get a little cramped.

I started to focus on the apartment that I wanted while being grateful for the one that I already had. My new apartment is a lot bigger. So much that I have to much space and not enough stuff. I see that as a blessing. An opportunity to grow.

I learned an important lesson about being prepared when opportunity presents itself. When I was first told about the apartment I hesitated. I was asking the Universe for a bigger apartment, but when given the opportunity, I froze up a little. I began to think of everything that was wrong with such as move. I thought things like:

-I'm already comfortable.
-The move will take too long.
-I have no one to help me.
-I don't have the time to move right now.
-The rent is going to be too high.
-I have to change my address again.
-I have to switch over all my utilities.
-Moving my turtle tank is going to be a pain.

This is the short list. It seemed like within a minute I thought of a thousand reasons why I shouldn't move. I got what I wanted but I wasn't prepared for what I got. I have written about preparation and opportunity before, but it really hit home once I stopped and looked at the move as an opportunity rather than a chore.

A lot of us are wanting "things" for our life. It could be a new car, a new career, or a new relationship. We are asking and asking, but when the opportunity presents itself we sometimes crawl back into our little shell.

Begin to prepare yourself for opportunity. If you are asking for something, begin to live that life. If you are wanting to start a new business, start living like you already own the new company. Get into that mindset. Do all the research necessary for that particular business. Know your business inside out. Once the opportunity is there, you will be prepared to go ahead full steam. On the other hand, if you don't prepare, you will probably fail very quickly.

Here are some great preparation quotes to help us to remember to be ready when opportunity knocks. Memorize one or two of them. Use these quotes as a reminder to yourself. Preparation is very important to creating the existence that you want. Be ready for what the Universe has for you. Many blessings ,and thanks for listening.

Miguel De Cervantes
To be prepared is half the victory.

H. Jackson Brown Jr.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.

Henry Ford
Before everything else, getting ready is the secret to success.

John F. Kennedy
The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.

Johnny Carson
Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: 'Are your ready?'

Eleanor Roosevelt
One thing life taught me -- if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you.

Samuel Smiles
He who never made a mistake never made a discovery.

Louis Pasteur
Luck favors the mind that is prepared.

William Shakespeare
All things are ready, if our minds be so.

William Arthur Ward
The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.

4 comments:

Sandpiper (Lin) said...

Great post! I liked all the quotes, too.

Dexter Francois said...

Thanks for stopping by SandPiper. It's good to be back posting again. Look forward to more beautiful pictures from you. Blessings!

QuoteGuy

Anonymous said...

Hey Dexter!...glad everything went well with your move.
Wonderful post today, ..I needed it..thanks for the inspiration!

Dexter Francois said...

Hi Liz. Yesssss! Finally done and back to normal. Thanks for checking up on me. Many blessings!

QuoteGuy