BIg Buckets Of Blessings

Hello Friends,

Hope everyone is doing just fine. As I talked about yesterday, writing out your thoughts breeds new thoughts and ideas. There are going to be many interpretations for the quotes that I give you on a daily basis. I would like to hear your take on these quotes. That is why it is called, "In Our Own Words." This is not a blog to decide which religion or doctrine is correct. I will be pulling quotes from many different sources. What I'm hoping is that we can get as many takes on these quotes from as many different angles as possible. We need to learn from each other. We have to learn how to take the good from others opinions. As I said before I want this to be a forum where we can share ideas. As we begin to share ideas in a positive manner, we will start to see that we are not so different and all very much the same. Here's todays quote...

"Asking is the beginning of receiving. Make sure you don't go to the ocean with a teaspoon. At least take a bucket so the kids won't laugh at you." (Jim Rohn)

I really like Jim Rohn. He is an amazing motivational speaker. He has spoken to millions of people about improving their lives. His "Philosophy of Living" is a must hear. I pop it in from time to time to help keep me focused on my goals. He gives you detailed techniques that will help you become successful in all aspects of life.

If you want anything in life you have to ask for it. In order to receive you have to take action. That action is the asking part of it. This can be hard sometimes, because like they say, "you get what you ask for." I think it's best to be specific about what we want and then from there map out the steps or process that will get you to what yo want. Ask for whatever it is and then start to feel good about already having what you are seeking. It is these good feelings that you keep you focused on reaching or getting what you want.

Now, Jim Rohn suggest that you dream big. As I said before, you will get what you ask for, so don't ask for a teaspoons worth of blessings. Grab a big bucket and try to fill that up. Why limit yourself. This is the thing that I'm dealing with the most. I've always been content with what I have. Every year my Mom asks me what I want for my birthday. My normal response was, 'Nothing, I have everything I need to get by."

As I look at it now, that is exactly what I had. Just enough to get by. I got what asked for. Just enough. I would wonder why can't I be more successful. How come all of my projects seem to fizzle out so fast? I realize now that it is ok to ask for more. I now have a huge bucket that I'm trying to fill to overflowing. It's hard to stay focused on high goals, but you have to work hard to stay in a positive mind frame. Soon it won't be hard at all.

Receiving is important to. Some people are given what they asked for but may be scared to accept it. For example if you asked for a new promotion you had better be ready to assume the position when given to you. That's why it's important to be careful what you ask for. In this situation I would ask for the big promotion, but also the ability to handle the new responsibilities associated with that position, so that when presented with the opportunity, you are ready to hop right in .

My parents told me to never pray for patience, but rather the wisdom to deal with trying situations and individuals. If you pray for just patience you will find that your patience will be constantly tested. We can only be tested for so long before we may react in a negative manner. So be careful and specific with what you ask for and be ready to receive.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: