The Power Of Attitude

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Before I give you todays quote, I just wanted to again encourage you to share your interpretations of these quotes. Not for my benefit but rather for your own. As I collect quotes I write a brief description for each one. When I first started it took me about three hours to write just two paragraphs. At first it seems incredibly hard to put your thoughts into words, but just try. What you will notice is as you start to write ideas will start coming into your mind. New thoughts will come, old thoughts will resurface. Writing is a form a creation. And that's our goal. We want to create our own destinies.

In todays society we are constantly told what to do, what to like, how to act. The media is constantly bombarding us with things that keep us from thinking for ouselves. We are told what to eat, what music to listen to, how we should look. Because of this people are no longer their own person but rather the person society says they should be. We are writing less. Original music is on the decline. Just look at how many re-mixes are out there. We are just regurgitating the past to form the future. But there is no future when you're living in the past. I say don't let anybody tell you what you're supposed to be but rather take it upon yourself to become that you want to be. Now for the quote of the day.

The Power Of Attitude.

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens. Not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thought, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst...A spark that creates extraordinary results."

I not sure who wrote this, but I got it form a co-worker of mine and she got it from the Sky Mall magazine aboard an airplane. I'm sure we've all seen the inspirational pictures and quotes they have. It's amazing where inspiration comes from. One day things weren't going to well. My focus was not where it was supposed to be. Shortly before I got to work I changed my focus and started to dwell on the positive. I got to work and she gave me this quote which instantly let me know that all would be okay. By shifting my attitude I was able to "attract" the comfort I was looking for.

It's amazing how much we let others determine our lives. For example I was talking with a friend of mine at the end of the day. He had a horrible day. He told me that on his way to work he got cut off and got into an argument with the other motorist. This started his day in a downward spiral. He got a flat a little later on the way to work. Now he was late. He missed the first part of an important meeting. Now his boss is upset with him. At lunch someone spilled coffee on his shirt. He said he really let that person have it. Later he stubbed his toe so hard on his desk he had to limp around for the rest of the day. He told me he just ready for the day to be over.

My friend fell into the trap that we all do from time to time. He let what happened to him early effect the outcome of the rest of his day. We all have within us the ability to form our days and that is done by the attitude that we bring to every situation. If we stay in a positive mindset life seems to flow a little easier. At the beginning of each day we have to set the tone. My suggestion and what I try to do now is when you get up, say to yourself three things that you're thankful for. Take it a step further and begin to write them down. What you'll find is that as you're being thankful, remembering the good things you have, you'll forget about the negative aspects in your life. Your attitude becomes positive. You begin to think more clearly. Other people notice and they will either join in your positive bliss or stay out of your way because "misery loves company," so they'll find someone else to complain with.

When you're positive you think about new things. New ideas are born. When your upset all you can think about is what your angry about. You can't be a creator in that mindset. Your life becomes a re-run with the same negative events and the same negative people having recurring roles in your life. You have the ability to create the amazing. A life that you are truly deserving of.

In closing I would like to emphasize the importance of being thankful and giving. About a month ago I noticed that my co-worker( the one who gave me the quote) was having a bad day. She is usually very bubbly and alive, but on this particular day she was down. I wrote the quote out on a piece of paper and left it so she would find it. When I came back she just gave me a hug and said thank you. I asked her if she remembered that quote. She did not. I reminded her that she was the one that gave it to me. So you see. She gave me something a month earlier, and I was able to give her the same gift she had shared with me.

Thanks for listening. Now tell me In Your Own Words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dex, I read the entire blog and I rarely make it to the end of these things. I agree with many of the sentiments onthere but I wouldn't give too much of the credit to "The Secret' because even they admit this THING is omnipotent in a way. It's in ALL our conscience right? I think our "collectivity" is very freaking mysterious. I will explore and get back to you.

Stay UP (positive) people.