Appreciate Goodness

Hello Friends,

It's amazing where encouragement can come from. I was thinking about my bills today. I'm a little behind. Nothing major, but it was the dominate thought in my mind this morning.

I have a new co-worker with whom I had never worked with before. We were talking briefly and she mentioned that she had a headache. I asked her if she had eaten because hunger can lead to a headache. The next thing she said surprised me. She said, "You know what, I'm just not going to think about and the headache will go away because it's not real to me." Later that shift come to find out that she had been studying the same subjects I have, such as the power of thought and how it relates to the "Law Of Attraction."

I tell you this story not to say that I now know all the answers to the Universe, and that everything I've thought is right. I say it as an example of to illustrate that if you are working towards being in alignment with the Universe, your questions will be answered. I was thinking about my negative situation (my bills), but I was reminded that if we focus, we have the ability to change any situation, even a headache.

And now, todays quote...

"The root of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." (Dalai Lama)

This quote may be deemed a little controversial not for the quote itself but rather who it came from. The Dalai lama is thought to be an entity that is reincarnated after death. When born, the "chosen one" assumes the position of Dalai Lama. I remind you that whether you believe a certain religion or not, we can still take the good out of it and find a way to apply it. The Dalai Lama says himself that...

"All major religious traditions carry basically the same message. That is love, compassion, and forgiveness. The important thing is they should be a part of our daily lives."

The Dalai Lama advises us simply to have an appreciation of goodness. Imagine if there were only evil in this world. Imagine a world where everyone is completely self-centered. What a horrible place this would be. The more that we are appreciative of "goodness" the more goodness will come about. It's been said that "light attracts light", "darkness attracts darkness". In the same way, appreciation atracts appreciation.

Think about how you feel when you've done something for someone and you can tell that they really appreciate it. Two people are now in a better place. The recipient of the gift is obviously happy, but the giver is now felling god as well. The feeling of appreciation is one that should be passed along. I really don't say thank you anymore. Instead I say, "I appreciate you". A thank you is always good, don't get me wrong. But when you say to someone, "I appreciate you", it becomes more personal. You are thanking that person for making your life just a little better.

So appreciate and pass along goodness, and goodness will be shown to you.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: