Change The World From Within

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Our quote comes from someone we have all heard of, Mohandas Gandhi.

"We must become the change we want to see in the world."

Everything in your existence begins from within. Gandhi knew this and instructs us to work on ourselves first. This is something I had to do and am still working on. Much of what I write in this blog is really for myself. It is a reminder that I need to be applying these concepts to my own life. My hope is that readers will be inspired as well in some shape or form.

Here's a short story that illustrates the importance of being the change that we want to see in the world. Enjoy.


Start With Yourself
Author Unknown

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world. As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.

But, it too, seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now as I lie on my deathbed, I suddenly realize: If I had only changed my self first, then by example I would have changed my family.

From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world.

No comments: