Visitor Quote Of The Week: Australia

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Today we visit "the land down under; Australia. I've been fortunate to have been associated with people from Australia. In college, I became acquainted with two film exchange students.

These two young women were some of the liveliest, kindest, and smartest people I have ever met. They kept me one my toes with sarcastic whit and humor. They weren't afraid to voice their opinions and stand by them, a trait I was told by them, is one that could be found in many in the Australian culture.

I have yet to visit Australia, but it is high on my list of places I need to see before it's all said and done. Today's quote comes from two authors, Michael Page and Robert Inapen.

"The true Aussie battler and his wife thrust doggedly onwards: starting again, failing again, implacably thrusting towards success. For success, even if it is only the success of knowing that one has tried to the utmost and never surrendered, is the target of every battler."

I was immediately drawn to this quote. This is one that we can all adopt into our lifestyle. This passage reminds us that it is alright to fail. The key is to get right back at it and try again.

Success is often measured by the amount of failures it took to get there. If everything came easily, I don't think that we would thoroughly appreciate what we have. The struggle is what makes everything more valuable when our goals are attained.

I like the fact that in this quote, strength is drawn from family. The "true Aussie battler and his wife" can accomplish anything when united. Once you have that connection , there isn't much that can stand in your way.

From this we can remember that we are all family. We are all connected. Press forward. Help your brothers and sisters. When we help each other we help ourselves. Be like an "Aussie Battler".

Thanks for listening.

No comments: