Visitor Quote Of The Week: Canada

Hello Friends,

Hope all is well. Today we visit Canada. I have a been to Canada on two different occasions. There is a big Caribbean community that resides in Canada. I was born on the island of Trinidad and we have friends that relocated in Toronto for the many opportunities that this city offers.

Niagara falls is something to behold. The amount a raw and flexible energy produced by this natural wonder is symbolic of the flexibility of the people of Canada. Our quote comes not from a Canadian , but from someone speaking about Canada.

"I am deeply moved by the warmth and courage of the Canadian people which I felt so strongly during my recent visit to your country. Your support of the struggle against apartheid restored me in my journey home and reassured me that many just people around the world are with us."
Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Desmond Tutu is an ambassador for peace. He fought against Apartheid, campaigning around the world to make people aware of the injustice in South Africa.

Tutu compliments the people of Canada for being tolerant of other cultures. When I was doing research for this post, I came across many quotes that spoke to the willingness to let foreigners make a life for themselves in their land.

I have had many friends of different cultures that have called Canada home. Despite their cultural differences, their was still a universal pride in their country.

This flexibility is something that we can all learn from. We have to be supportive of each other no matter what our background may be. We all have a common thread. A common bond. Realizing this, we can be reassured that there are still many just people around the world.

Thanks for listening.

No comments: